Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Saturday, May 26, 2007
5:43am - Alla chattering away in her crib
Charlie Brown, where's Linus? I don't know where's Linus.
(no answer from Mommy & Daddy)
Mooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmy! Alla's a pig! Oink oink oink oink oink oink oink oink.
(Still no answer from Mommy or Daddy)
5:53 am Daaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddy! I got a boog. I got a BIG boogie on my finger!
(At this we finally crack up and declare her the winner, and Daddy does indeed go see about the boogie. Who's surprised that there wasn't an actual boogie?)
During her diaper change, I still snuggle into the covers, and hear: Daddy, not too tight, Daddy!
And then, I wanna say Happy Mother's Day to Mommy.
Sure enough, a moment later, my eyes clenched tight pretending to be asleep, she's lifted onto the bed right next to me, whispering, Happy Mother's Day, Mommy, Happy Mother's Day.
I'll take it.
We're back from PA so you know what that means? I have loads of editing to do so it will probably be next year til I'm done. In the meantime, here's one of my favorites from our trip. Alla and "Old McDonald." Old McDonald, you're wondering? Why, isn't that Ronald McDonald, Ron's beloved childhood toy? No, in fact, Alla has decided that this is Old McDonald, of E-I-E-I-O fame. She slept with him every night we were there, in Daddy's old bed, I might add, and sang him This Old Man as she [they] drifted off.
Hope you're all having a lovely Memorial Day weekend!
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
5. So glad Susie's back.
6. So happy for Elizabeth's baby.
7. Eager to hear about Chico & Mariah's baby.
8. I scrapped! Actually I did three layouts last weekend. Here's one. This was great to get on paper, twenty-four hours of my life. If you've never done one of those TODAY layouts, I think they are so important and maybe my favorite because they are exactly what you did, thought, said. And I think that's what I'm going to want to remember twenty years from now, what my life was like, on a day-to-day basis. I don't know if you can enlarge this big enough to read, I mean the font had to be pretty small to get twenty-four hours of details in!
9. Is anyone else sad that the season finales are going on? I mean what am I supposed to watch all summer?
10. Ten on Tuesday will mostly likely be on hiatus next week while we're in PA. But you never know. I might get saucy and surprise you.
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Friday, May 11, 2007
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
3. Started The Glass Castle. I've only read 40 pages and I already recommend it.
4. Brought some lilacs inside today. Mmmmmmmm.
5. A recent conversation between Alla and I, which all started because she was indeed wearing a bib with a cupcake on it that said 'little cupcake,' went like this:
Me: Are you my little cupcake?
Alla: No! (Said in the tone of No, silly Mommy!)
Me: Are you my little punkin?
Alla: No! (Same tone)
Me: Are you my little brownie?
Alla: Little daughter!
6. Tried on a tankini this weekend and had Alla on my hip while I pulled the top off the rack. Immediately she said, for nursin'.
7. Speaking of tankinis, have you checked out Athleta?
8. May is really nice. Flip flops are nice. I don't think anyone here has heard of Rainbows, though.
9. Already getting excited for State Fair time.
10. I still haven't gotten around to any Jodi Picoult novels. Maybe the library will have a paperback tomorrow.
Friday, May 04, 2007
In the meantime, a few moments:
Her new car! Her new trike!Her new sit n spin!And, today, just her.
Happy weekend, all.