Friday, October 26, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
So, my five on this beautiful Thursday -
1. Sunshine. Four days in a row now.
2. Eight hours of sleep.
3. Our Do-Nothing Day. At least one day a week we don't make any plans, and we stay in our pajamas (yep I'm still in mine as I type) as long as possible. It is incredibly restorative for both of us to not have to hurry through breakfast and getting dressed and rush out the door to get someplace by a certain time.
4. A clean house. Well, it's not a completely Do-Nothing Day for the Mama (is it ever?). It's usually the day that I also get my cleaning done. But not having any other plans means I can do it at my own pace and stop to play dolly house or color or eat some cheese.
5. Feeling baby moves the instant I wake up in the morning.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Cheesy Spinach Pasta Casserole
1 (12oz) package medium shell pasta
1 (10oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/4 c. olive oil
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1 1/2 (26oz) jars tomato basil pasta sauce
1 (8oz) package shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (8oz) package shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta 8-10 minutes or until al dente, drain. Bring 1/2 c. water to a boil in a saucepan, and cook the spinach 4-6 minutes, until tender.
3. Place the cooked pasta in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and the oil. Toss the pasta with the cooked spinach, egg mixture, and bread crumbs.
4. Cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with 1/3 of the pasta sauce. Pour half of the pasta mixture into the baking dish, and cover with another 1/3 of the pasta sauce. Sprinkle with half of the cheddar cheese and half of the mozzarella. Layer with the remaining pasta mixture, and top with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheddar and mozzarella.
5. Bake 45 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browed.
from allrecipes.com's book, Tried and True Slow Cooker & Casserole Recipes
And, in case you either don't think this sounds good (weirdo) or just came here for the photos, here ya go.
You didn't really think that she just woke up with ringlets like this did you?
No, she doesn't!
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Here we are at the halfway point. That's right, twenty weeks. Unbelievable how fast it goes, and yet twenty more weeks seems ages away. Especially since we haven't really started winter yet and this baby's not due til the near end of it.
So, anymore guesses?
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Yep, the girl's still crazy about this gift (for her first birthday, thanks Susie:) )...especially after it having dead batteries for a few months. Oh to be this joyous about colorful balls popping out of a machine. And, listen, it's rained 18 out of the past 20 days here so we have to make joy where we can find it in the house.
Another joy: Walter the Farting Dog she's holding. Which she thinks is freakin hilarious. Thank you Pappi! At the moment she's napping with 'farting dog.'
Last thing to note, this video was taken last night at 6:01, and yes, she's still in her pj's. It was our one lazy day and we lived it up.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
2. Right now I'm listening to Alla talk herself to sleep with like fifty friends in bed with her, saying to them, "Oh, okay" and "Where's your mom? I don't know where she is." Ron wonders if maybe she really hears them talking back to her. If not, that is some serious imagination.
3. I'm sure you need another blog to follow? This one is just brimming with great ideas and projects: How About Orange.
4. Now, Katie, this is an assignment for you personally: Go check out these jeans, and report back on how they compare to the originals. I would gladly do it myself, but I will be lucky if I can do any trying on of normal, new clothing, particularly jeans, by next Christmas.
5. Who does not want to rush out and get the stuff to make these adorable barrettes?
6. But if you don't want to, don't have the time, or just can't see how you need to add another project to your growing to-do list, then just buy these.
7. The girl is a serious pro on her trike now. Found a cool link on the cool blog mentioned in number three to Hockneyizer. So fun and so simple! Go try right now, then post your results on your blog. 8. Also found a yummy-sounding recipe for chai, but of course I have to gather all those ingredients.
9. I am in serious need of ordering photos from the months of July, August, and September. And I do not want to wait for them to come in the mail because I am a scrapbooking fool lately. So I'll have to find some place around here that will surely muck them up. But at least I can pick them up tomorrow.
10. This weekend is the big Trader Joe's trip. Alla is all geared up to grab her own little shopping cart, and I am planning on filling up both hers and mine with yummy yummy goodies:)
Friday, October 12, 2007
Heartbeat today: 141 during the ultrasound, then 152 during the regular appointment.
Weighs 10 ounces.
Measuring a week ahead. Surprise, surprise, right? Might as well get started on all that weight gain.
Just in time for Halloween, here's our little skeleton:
And, what I hope is a preview of his or her life on the outside, here's our little person giving us the peace sign. May this baby be super chill.Alla waved and showed her peace sign right back. See? It's gonna be great. They're already communicating.
Happy Friday, friends.
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
4. Shot no. 2:
5. Tara, I'm super excited that the leopard coat fits for another season! I'm seriously going to have to buy another one for next year because this has been the most wonderful, versatile, loved, well-used-and-still-lookin-good coat EVER.
6. On Sunday, it was mid-eighties. Today, struggling to touch 50.
7. The maple is still green. Give it another two weeks. Then there will be some color.
8. School day also means library day. We've been checking out a book on CD each week, which Alla loves. Might be that they had two shark books, both of which are now utter favorites which we better get in our collection soon, says she. Best one: The Bravest Fish, by Matt Buckingham. And, yes, she has to say it like that. And if she forgets the author she'll just go on and ask you, "Mom? Mom! Who's it by again?"
9. At bedtime tonight, after we tucked her in with all five billion of her friends, she told us that Spike (the neighbor's pull-toy doggie) and Fluffy (her very own pull-toy doggie) dug a hole in the garage and are going to eat bones. She said she had to take care of them.
10. Best news of all, Friday is our BIG ultrasound! Stay tuned for pics of the littlest one!
Friday, October 05, 2007
OK, thought you'd like to see a few more from our visit with the Laughrey's...