Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
3. Our wonderful neighbor Renee turned 50, and since she loves flamingos, she woke up to a sea of fifty flamingos in her front yard on birthday morning. I thought that was the sweetest.
9. I rearranged some of Alla's toys. You know, just moved things around to provide new interest. I put this table up by the front window with a 'jelly jar' (what she calls it) full of colored pencils and a new sketch book on top, thinking she'll sit right down and be so inspired by the view of her tree that she'll just start drawing it. Ha! Within half an hour of her endless thanks for putting her table there, the 'jelly jar,' which is actually just an empty cannister from Trader Joe's chai, became a home for her baby ocean animals. She's all about the containers for things. Better just start getting her neat little containers for her collections.
10. Fisher's two month appointment is today. Stay tuned for a height and weight update.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
2. Alla has been a complete dear lately. Ok, I mean, I guess I shouldn't go overboard or anything, I mean she gets out of bed like three times before actually going to sleep, and then often once at night gets up for a hug. But she's been Mama's super helper during the day, and that's made the days so nice.
3. She loves this bubble maker:)
4. Great outside fun.
6. See what this is here? Mm-hmmmm, that's the Ron Killins smirk on the little guy. Already.
7. Speaking of that smirk, Dada's got a birthday coming up tomorrow.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
There is a giant hill outside that door number five that is just a huge temptation everyday when the kids are released. Particularly fun on warm days and snowy days. We are usually just trying to get into the car, but today Fisher was fast asleep in the car waiting for us, so Alla got to take off running for the dandelions. What is it about that, well, weed, that the kids just love? She calls them sunflowers sometimes, and she brings them to me. We're trying to rid the yard of them, and she's bringing me handfuls to put in water. I love her. I'm so proud of you, Alla. Next year it's onto the big time: preschool!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
2. Ron made me Mother's Day breakfast in bed. I hope he meant to start this tradition three years ago because it's WONDERFUL and I absolutely look forward to eating, drinking, and reading the paper in bed. I got at least 45 minutes of peace this year, which is amazing considering that we have a crazy toddler and a newborn:) I love you, babe.
3. Super excited about my new CD: She & Him, Volume One.
4. Super excited about my other new CD: Elizabeth Mitchell, You are My Sunshine. I think we have almost all of hers now.
5. OK, one more thing I'm super super excited about: Creative Family is here! If you haven't checked out her blog, it's here. Thanks, Mom, for all the treats!
6. This is Alla's last week of school. I'm kind of sad, not only just that I'll be losing my one morning of peace, but that she won't have that outlet for awhile. And man she's ready for preschool, so this program for the past two years has been wonderful.
7. Fisher loves him some Bob Marley.
8. I love a nap on a rainy afternoon. Especially when it lasts an hour and a half.
9. This is my favorite son.
10. This is my favorite daughter.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Friday, May 09, 2008
Sleeping in the sling as we get Alla's playtime outside. Her activity of choice? Using the neighbor's broom to try and knock down the lightpost. Smiley-smiley. A super content, mostly mellow baby. A-d-o-r-a-b-l-e baby feet. Super happy just to lay on the changing table with no clothes on. Seems to love the diaper change. Mama's littlest love.
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
4. I need a good buttermilk-using recipe to use up the other half a carton of buttermilk we have in the fridge from making blue cheese dressing.
5. I cooked! Yes, on Saturday and Monday, two new meals. I was growing very tired of our own frozen stuff. Eager for something fresh-tasting.
6. If you scroll back through some of my Flashback Fridays in Jan/Feb, there is a pic similar to those above, just with me and Alla. Except my hair wasn't stripey.
7. I ran! Yes, twice so far! Twenty minutes each! No stopping!
8. The Stahr's are coming to visit in less than a month!
9. May is a big month, with Mama's Day and lots of birthdays to celebrate.
10. Alla wore shorts today for the first time this year. So dang cute. Now we have to get her some summer shoes. Trying to solve that dilemma, which goes something like this: something protective she can wear everyday to the park or to play outside running the block with her friends, something to keep her cool in the hot hot summer, something that won't be ruined when she steps into her pool in them. Is there a one-shoe-fits-all here or am I looking at several pairs?