1. This one was Alla's idea. Guess you can tell the wee one isn't as excited.
3. It's interesting what their interests were at the beach-park once the race was over. (Oh, did I mention that this isn't a post about the actual race, but the park at the finish line?) Anyway, Alla wanted to chase seagulls and Fisher wanted to sit and feel the sand. Sen, he says.
4. She also got a kick out of this rock wall that was super cool with its clear background.
5. Both kids have gotten a huge kick out of this swing it seems. Here's Fisher at last year's event.And this year!
6. Did I mention the airplane obsession? We knew from remembering Alla's first year at this race that he would be super excited about this. The lake is just over from the airport so you can practicaly see them take off. Fisher says, eh-paMe, over and over and over.
7. Here's our little family post-race!
8. Oh, alright, I'll indulge you. Ron ran a 44-something in the 10K and I ran a 25 and a half in the 5K.
9. We made it home in time for Fisher's morning nap. Yes he's 16 months and still taking a morning nap! And tired enough that I have to wake him from it each morning so he'll do an afternoon one!
10. For some reason every year we've ran this race it's been cool. The first year it was August and we were actually chilly, and the past two years it's been July and just lovely breezy gorgeous skies. Come to think of it, our entire July we haven't seen a single 90-degree-day. I'm sure that means we're in for a scorcher of an August. But that, I think, is what makes the crisp fall and chilly winter, actually welcome.