Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Ten on Tuesday: Halloween 2010.

1. We started Halloween morning by carving the pumpkin to Alla's heart's desire. 2. Fisher cracked up when Alla said, "You didn't tell me you were going to kill it!" They had watched Charlie Brown quite a few times by that point.3. They completely surprised me by getting in on the pumpkin-gutting!4. Later in the day they put on their costumes just in time for an early dinner with Nana and Pappi.

5. First up, the little kangaroo! Every kangaroo needs a fishing pole that they swear is a sword.6. The most beautiful Cinderella.7. And, the best one of the two of them. At least they're both in it!
8. Alla could barely contain herself, but was so good about dragging her little brother to our starting point, a few houses down, where we met up with the rest of the neighborhood gang. 9. Fisher decided he wanted to trick or treat at a few houses and then head home.
If you're a long-time reader of this blog, you will remember that Alla wore this costume three years ago, and, sadly, this is the last of the gender-neutral costumes so Fisher will have to get an opinion about it next year. (Or decide that Halloween is a stupid holiday for a peanut-and-dairy-allergic, diabetic kid.)
10. While waiting for the bus the next day, Alla told me, I'm glad we don't live near a pumpkin field, because if I spent all night waiting for the Great Pumpkin with a boy, I'd be mad.

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Alla is a gorgeous princess!!! I am glad you didn't fare much better than me in getting a shot of the kids together. Makes me feel like less of a failure!

Megan said...

I would be mad too, Miss Alla! Mine didn't even go trick or treating this year. We did other festive things instead of getting candy they won't eat and I end up throwing it out in June!

Susie said...

I still can't get over that awesome octopus from a LONG time ago :) Your kids rocked the costumes, my friend.

Cathy Bolander said...

It looks like a lot of fun & my kids wouldn't even stand together without us in the photo with them.

Sara said...

What great costumes!

Katie said...

Alla you are one funny and bright girl! Love the Kangaroo costume! Kelsea was almost Cinderella until we happened to come across a ladybug dress to match her sister.

Amy said...

Oh, these are perfect J.J.! Love their costumes!! And I must agree with Fisher that Halloween is kind of stupid (especially for him)! At least he gets to look completely adorable, if not partake in all the junk food :-)

linkwithin

linkwithin