Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ten on Tuesday.

1. This shall be my last Ten on Tuesday for March 2011. Let it be stated for the record that we still have plenty of snow on the ground, 2-3 feet on our driveway corner, but it's thinning elsewhere and we can see bits of mushy grass. I even saw daylilies shooting out of the ground this afternoon, poor things. 2. I do believe we have a birthday party theme for Miss Alla - we've been hard at work since February. She takes a long time to decide things. 3. I am really good at making sure the kids have nice-looking clothes. I am really horrible at making sure I have the same. 4. I despise shopping. Perhaps that has something to do with #3. 5. The kiddos started swim class last week and couldn't be more opposite in their attitudes toward it. Alla has no fear, jumps right in. Fisher sobbed for the entire 30-minute lesson. This week, however, he only cried for ten minutes before appearing to actually enjoy himself. 6. We tend to have breakfast foods for dinner these days, what with one of us running on each weekend day. Tonight: Dutch Baby. Put 1/4 cup butter in a glass pie pan in a 425 degree oven. Put three eggs and 1/2 cup milk in a blender. Blend. After it's mixed up, add in 1/4 cup flour and blend again. Once butter is melted, pour in flour-egg-milk mixture and bake for 18 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar or serve with maple syrup. Good for Mother's Day. No one can mess this up. 7. This afternoon Fisher asked me if I was wearing my "work-it" clothes. Yes, buddy, I'm going to work it. 8. Last night we had taquitos for dinner. Alla loved them so much she decided she'd like those for her birthday. She also decided that last night's dinner would be the topic for her writing journal today. Something about how much she liked the 'dkeetos.' 9. Spied on Pinterest: "You're my favorite reason to lose sleep." Have to remind myself of that next time I'm changing pee-pee sheets at 12:14 am. 10. Fisher spied a picture of three-year-old Alla at the Mall of America, when she met Dora the Explorer, and he told me he can't wait to meet the real Dora, too.

No comments:

linkwithin

linkwithin