Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Ten on Tuesday.

1. Oh, happy day! A week from today we are getting our very own Trader Joe's!

2. Had our annual allergy appointment yesterday and skin-tested Fisher for almonds and pistachios, and what do you know, he just may be able to eat the latter (after a food challenge in November). Ron's mind went immediately to one of our all-time favorite desserts, Lime Squares with Pistachio Graham Cracker Crust. I immediately started considering how I could Paleo-ize it.

3. If you're local and haven't heard about The Chickadee, here's a link to the cozy boutique, and the gallery of images on the photo blog.

4. When we came home from The Chickadee on this past rainy Saturday, Alla made a soup she's been thinking about for a few weeks. It was delicious and fed us for three dinners! Tons of beans, ground beef, canned tomatoes, tons of vegetables, a spice mixture she whipped up herself, and two different kinds of broth. I'm so happy my family loves soup.

5. Especially because it appears to be Soup Week around here. Before Alla's soup, I had already planned for Tortilla Soup and Carrot Soup with the meatballs I am so thankful I froze back in August.

6. That girl has also, without my asking, taken on making her own lunches this year. I really cannot tell you how I managed that, only that I am so thankful, because making lunches is not one of my favorite things in life.

7. After a weekend of cool weather, we are back to 70s, which of course means shorts and t-shirts for Fisher.

8. Alla has made no secret of her dislike of sweet potatoes, except for maybe a whole baked sweet potato if she has free reign over the amount of honey she can pour on it. But somehow, chopping them into fries with oil and a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon has made them one of her favorite veggies. Prepared that way, of course.

9. Only three more weeks of our Farmer's Market.

10. I am eagerly waiting on several new chapter books for bedtime read-aloud time, most especially Kate DiCamillo's newest. Ron has gladly suffered through the A to Z Mysteries series for his nights to read to the kids, and they are up to N. I think a library trip is in order!

No comments:

linkwithin

linkwithin