Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Ten on Tuesday.

1. I had a little brunch here on Sunday and my favorite eat from the shindig were the bacon-wrapped dates. I've made them again since, and have plans for them tomorrow as well. Yum.

2. In other food goodness, I made bacon and brussels sprouts salad yesterday and it was amazing. I definitely did not use a mandolin, but rather the pre-shredded bag from TJs and cut the recipe in half.

3. Just finished Counting By 7s. Wonderful.

4. It's going to be a quiet Thanksgiving around here. I'm very much looking forward to doing lots of reading.

5. We got started on the cooking today. The kids and I made the [paleo] cranberry sauce. Yum!

6. The kids and I are reading Ramona Quimby.

7. They are reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe with Daddy.

8. We went to a workshop at the library on Saturday given by local author David Larochelle, who spoke of the importance of writing letters and showed dozens of creative ways to write and send them. The kids have since been on a letter writing kick and have each written 2-3 letters. I remember sending and receiving lots of letters as a kid, and it's a bummer that kids these days probably won't have quite the stash.

9. I am a sucker for end of the year book lists, and we are headed into that time of year. I will mostly likely add way too many of them to my to-read list for 2014.

10. I am guilty of forgetting all the other meals leading up to and following Thanksgiving. So tonight it was taco shells filled with refried beans and cheese, baked in the oven. Side of peas. Kids thought it was the best dinner ever.

No comments:

linkwithin

linkwithin