1. Here we are, at the tail-end of summer, squeezing out every last drop, having all the fun.
2. Some days I think if I hear that front door open and close one more time I'm going to go completely insane. And then I remember that this time next week no one's going to open and close that door all day.
3. 'Round these parts, school starts the day after Labor Day. As it should be.
4. We recently spent a lovely week up north. 'Up north' loosely means north of the Twin Cities. We were approximately two and a half hours north in Breezy Point, which is a lovely little resort with all the amenities right there. It was our third summer there, and perhaps our best.
5. The kids "fished" daily, with nets, catching many.
6. I am letting my hair turn to straw.
7. This boy finally learned to pump! And he is pumped!
8. A week from tomorrow we are finally getting started on our bathroom renovation. If you've been to our house, you know how exciting this is!
9. I could no longer live where there aren't summer storms. They are just amazing...the lightning and thunder and hail and the hunt for rainbows. One evening we got a brilliant storm and as soon as the lightning stopped, all the neighborhood kids took to the street. Such happiness!
10. This is how I feel about the end of August, the end of summer: