1. The thermometer has hit seventy-five already today, and we are practically sweating. Must get the boxes of summer clothes out today.
2. On Mother's Day the kids thought I needed to be woken up and celebrated at six a.m. Daddy sent them back to bed and they made it until 6:40. Must be more specific next year: On Mother's Day, do not wake Mommy up. At all.
3. They were pretty cute with their homemade cards and kisses, though, so I wasn't upset. (Just tired.) It was a lovely day with breakfast in bed, reading the (whole) paper while I drank my coffee, gifts, a run.
4. Perhaps the best part was getting to spend some of it with my own Mom; I don't remember the last time I could do that.
5. For dinner on Mother's Day, I got my favorite grilled chicken, which I had marinated the night before - here's the recipe that I'm sure someone passed on to me, but I can't remember who: 1/4 cup cider vinegar, 6 tablespoons olive oil, 1 1/2t. salt, cracked pepper, the juice of half a lemon, the juice of a lime, 3 smashed cloves of garlic, and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Marinate overnight and grill. Sheer perfection.
6. There is chicken for dinner tonight, too - curry chicken in the crockpot, recipe courtesy of my good friend Michelle.
7. Our poor garden hasn't been planted yet because it hasn't had a chance to dry out. It's just a big mud pit.
8. Currently reading You Know When the Men Are Gone, which is engrossing. As in, last night I truly tuned everything out while reading.
9. Two weeks until the Laughrey's come to visit!
10. Speaking of those guys, Happy Birthday, Katie!