Thursday, June 08, 2017

Summer Reading Lists 2017!


Without further ado, let the summer reading begin!

A couple notes:

1. These are very customized to my own kids. Fisher likes non fiction so his list his heavy on that, with a couple of great fiction reads in there to give him something he wouldn't necessarily pick up on his own. Alla prefers fiction, so I've challenged her in that area, as well as sprinkled in a little non-fiction.

2. I keep a list all year long, of new releases, things that I've seen reviewed on Goodreads, etc., that I know my kids will like but might not have time to read during the school year. Some of the titles have summer release dates and therefore won't be available yet. Some of them I have on request at the library as they just came out last month. Others have been out and we can easily get them from the library. We already have a stack from each list for each kids to start on.

3. Reading is not optional in our house, but that said, the enthusiasm we show toward books has made it such that the kids love to read and don't argue about making it part of each day. For sure making these lists is fun for me, but also they ask for them each year, so they are invested.

Happy reading!

No comments:

linkwithin

linkwithin