Thursday, December 06, 2007

It's a stay at home day.

Like I've said before, these kinds of days are the BEST. Especially today when it's snowing. When we had hot chocolate after lunch. Note to self: get to the store for more marshmallows. Actually, just get to the store - period. We have no bread, no milk, and no options for dinner besides fish sticks. Pizza Thursday? NOOOOOOOO! What are you thinking??




We are trying to perfect a fine balance of doing nothing (it's almost three and we're still in pajamas, and if we do get to the store, I for one will be wearing some variation of these pajamas), Mama cleaning the house, and both of us playing together. My thought for today is, how on earth does the house get cleaned when it's not just her and I but her and I and a new one?


Well plenty of time to worry about that later.

My other wonder for today is what you all eat for lunch. Alla has either a peanut butter sandwich or Annie's mac n cheese. I'm not concerned about her. I'm getting bored, so if you have a super lunch, share share share! I love sandwiches, but turkey, cheese, mayo, lettuce and tomato gets boring. As does grilled cheese, and tuna, and peanut butter. And even soup. So any new ideas?


Lastly, the virtual baby shower gifts have been arriving daily, and I've got a huge drawer full of great baby gifts. And they arrive gift-wrapped, in the cutest containers, with ribbons, and personally written notes from the owners of these companies. LOVE IT! Think we might need to re-do Alla's closet soon, though, just to make room for all that stuff a baby needs. How does one little unborn person have so much?
OK, I'm off to watch last night's Private Practice. Love that show.

And...happy BIG 3-0 AMY!

5 comments:

Megan said...

I have this rosemary chicken salad recipe from Cooking Light that is wonderful. You would like it. I will send it to you if you would like. It is super easy to make. You gotta love the lazy days.

Susie said...

I wish today could be a lazy day- maybe Sunday?

boo and stacy said...

OHH I love it! we branched out to michaels for crayons and a coloring book. and yes.....all three of us had pj pants on!!! im with ya sista!!

Rina said...

I LOVE the show private Practice too! Haven't gotten the chacne to see this weeks yet but I am so looking forward to this weekend just for that purpose!

Amy said...

Thanks for the wishes, Miss J! I have been a fan of acorn squash for lunch. Cut it in half, scoop out the goo, sprinkle a little brown sugar on the cut side, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 10 minutes. So warm and yummy. . . eat it with a spoon! (this idea is courtesy of Erin)

I'm also all about a tomato-red pepper soup. Comes in a box. . . I think it's by Pacific something or other.

linkwithin

linkwithin