1. Today we finished the second Little House book! We don't have Farmer Boy, so we'll have to make a trip to Half Price Books for that one. Twist my arm.
2. We also read the first Mercy Watson, both kids and I, which both kids enjoyed. At this rate we can read the whole series by the weekend.
3. I am deep into Cutting for Stone, which is wow. It's a two-week check-out so I have to read, read, read!
4. This morning I woke up at 8:05 am when a little Alla hand was placed gently on my cheek. She appeared to have been lying next to me for ages though I didn't hear her creep in. She said she'd been there awhile.
5. Shortly after, she sat perched on the side of the bed telling me, "I'm getting used to staying home." Now that she's two weeks into summer, she has decided she likes it.
6. This morning, as I looked in on the kids getting ready for the day, I saw that Alla had made both of their beds, was helping Fisher put on his pants, and that Fisher had put tooth paste on her 'teesbrush.' I've decided I like summer, too.
7. After the kids came home completely filthy from our morning park fun, I put them in the bath with some shaving cream to doodle and scrub their crocs, and then shower off. Fresh kids.
8. We go through an awful lot of plain yogurt here. And granola.
9. I've decided that watermelon is my favorite summer fruit. I quarter it, lop off a slice for each kid, and then devour the rest of the quarter myself. Nothing like a huge bowl full of watermelon.
10. Except, maybe, for a huge bowl full of cherries. But we haven't seen those yet.