Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Ten on Tuesday.


1. Weekends are so precious when you're in the middle of a home remodel, not because your house is any less filthy or turned upside down, but because you have two, or on a holiday weekend, three!, blessed days without folks in your space.

2. That said, I'd be willing to let them in my home all next weekend if only they'd finish. I'm literally sitting here next to a wet saw. Watching TV. This picture, unfortunately, was taken before the chaos began (when I probably thought all the things in this picture were chaos!), and alas it has been almost ten days now since I've seen the floor of this room as it is filled with couches. All the couches in one room. Great.

3. After enduring bitter cold last week, we are in the mid-thirties with forty on the horizon. I am not kidding when I say you won't have to look hard to find a Minnesotan in shorts should the thermometer rise over 45. There may even be a  person in my own household digging for shorts on that glorious day, not naming names.

4. This presidential election is ridiculous. We must look like buffoons to the rest of the world.

5. The candidates must be tired, don't you think? I get tired just thinking of all the cities they have to get to, and all the people they have to speak to. Pffft. Give me a book.

6. We had such a lovely lovely dinner on Saturday with Nana and Pappi at Pizza Luce! Let me tell you how nice it is to eat a meal out that is safe for Fisher, not cooked by me, and not coated with dust.

7. After sounding like I was giddy last week about sending the kids off to camp at the same time, during which time Ron and I might actually go on our own little mini vacation (yay 14 year anniversary!), I am now missing them already, and camp isn't til August. What on earth is wrong with me.

8. Almost done with parenting book, which means that I've been hit over the head lots of times with the message about maintaining attachment with my children as they grow older, which I have had every intention of doing but now have reasons. And now I have more reason to not want to send my kids to camp.

9. Have to say, Gone Girl is getting good. Twists and turns and all.

10. In case anyone is wondering, we are now on day 28 of remodel. The majorly dusty stuff is pretty much done, but goodness I am tired of couches in my living room, no furniture in the TV room, only one bathroom, tarps on the floor, filth, people. Yep, I'm sure it will be awesome and all worth it.

No comments:

linkwithin

linkwithin