Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Ten on Tuesday.


1. I am so far behind on editing my own pictures that a 2016 folder hasn't even been created.

2. It is dreary today, hence the sparkly sunny image of hope up there.

3. Gone Girl, done, good riddance. Not good, not my favorite, back to middle grade.

4. Well, almost. My Name is Lucy Barton came in at the library and since there are about a hundred other people on the wait list for that, I can't very well return it without reading it. And also When Breath Becomes Air is waiting at the library for me. But then, so is Pax, which I may get to read to the kids.

5. Yesterday was the science fair (also good riddance), so if you want to know which bat hits farthest, wood or aluminum, Fisher can help you out. Alla has found an invisible ink recipe to stand behind. I am so very glad we are done with it until next year. As we walked out of the school last night we had to restrain ourselves from tossing the poster boards directly into the dumpster.

6. I'm thinking I need to get to a workout class this morning to get out of my gray funk. Maybe sweat it out.

7. Day 35 of construction: the living room is getting back to normal, and we can now watch TV on actual couches. The bathroom, a lot of progress since last week (we are at day 35), but still not close to done.

8. The newspaper is carrying stories from Twins' spring training and we are eating it up, Fisher and I. We wish we were that warm. Fisher wishes the season would start already. I am remembering summer days when games weren't on TV so he and I would listen to a game on the radio while following the plays on the ipad. I think we remember things so differently when it's been so long, or we long for those days to come back. Probably that happened once and Fisher was outside playing his own game of baseball.

9. I am eager to take Fisher to see the new baseball movie, Fastball.

10. Progressive dinner for this weekend! The Killins family is doing main dish, which I think this time is going to be a baked potato bar, but this is a very loose plan at this point. Suggestions for toppings or sides is welcome!


No comments:

linkwithin

linkwithin