Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Ten on Tuesday.

1. It is the first of March! We made it. It is currently 15 degrees, but that is O-K, because we will see 60 this month, we will see big swings and feel warm some of the days, and that is all I ask of March.

2. Also it was 59 on Saturday so WOW.

3. Are you wondering if the dust has cleared and the construction is done? No, it is not. Day 43.

4. Found these gems in our Leap Day 2012 Time Capsule, which we opened last night. Today's plan is to upload the pics from yesterday and get those ordered and into our 2016 capsule so we can SEAL IT!

5. Kids and I finished Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, which we all enjoyed. Last night we started Pax, which just grabs your heart from the first page. Only three chapters in, I'm going to whole-heartedly recommend it.

6. I love a week when I can make recommendations! Absolutely everyone should find a copy of When Breath Becomes Air. Beautiful, heart-wrenching book. Just read it.

7. It's birthday month for Fisher! He will be 8 on the 19th. EIGHT.

8. Alla has made a goal to re-read ALL the Harry Potter books before our trip there in a few weeks, and gosh darnit I think she may do it. She is more than halfway through Book 4. Did you read that carefully? We are finally getting these Harry Potter-loving kids to Hogsmeade!

9. Alla and I get to see Alvin Ailey tonight!

10. So, if I've just finished When Breath Becomes Air, that means I'm onto a new book. Yesterday I started A Little Life, which has been on my to-read list since last year, but is very intimidating because of it's 700+ pages. I saw it at Costco last week, though, and actually purchased it, so now I'm in. Maybe for awhile.

No comments:

linkwithin

linkwithin