Saturday, January 06, 2007

One more week.

Of 29. Then it's all thirty. Really, I'm aware that nothing exactly changes. Maybe a slight shift. Maybe just an awareness. Maybe nothing. Either way, next Saturday at precisely this time, I predict we'll still be at The Stahr's, celebrating Miss Mazie's fifth. Goodness, I remember holding that babe, one day old. How have we all aged five years?

And either way, next Saturday I'm thirty, we're in California, surrounded by friends, rain or shine, it will be warmer than it is here (not that it's been very cold here), and all of that makes me very happy today. Lots to look forward to. I love that Alla has no idea. But I do. I know just how much of a good time that one will have. Marvelous.

So what have we been doing lately?

Having breakfast with Leigha and her mommy, Michelle. Alla adores Leigha. Squeals with delight on Fridays when we see her for music class, and every other time we meet up with them. So thankful to have them in our lives.

It's January the 6th and I have finished, yes finished, an album. My second annual Christmas card album, where I take all the lovely photos you people have sent in your scrumptious holiday cards, and put them all in a fun little album so I can look back at them all year long, and especially next year, when the next batch starts rolling in, and I see how all the little ones have grown. Here are some images of it:

And lastly, today is January the 6th, and that means Ashby's birthday. We had a little photo shoot to celebrate this week. Happy ONE, little girl! We love you! (And if blogger stops giving me trouble, I will post it. Argh.)

2 comments:

A.K. said...

enjoy your last week of 29 but know that 30 will bring new joys and fun memories so get excited for that too! love the christmas card book idea!

Megan said...

I know around here we can't wait for you to come and visit. Mazie thinks that you three are coming just for her birthday. I haven't had the heart to tell her that the whole weekend isn't all about her yet. I think I may just wait until she is older!

linkwithin

linkwithin