What are you doing this holiday weekend? We are b-u-s-y. Ron is painting our bedroom, and I am desperately trying to keep up with Alla, who is the social butterfly of the neighborhood. The four-year-old down the street comes over and knocks on the door to see what we're up to, if Alla's coming outside. Sheesh. Thought we had a few years before "Can Alla come out and play?"
In between racing after her and napping myself, I've finally thought of my eight, since Stace tagged me. So here goes:
1. My first car was a 1989 Ford Thunderbird that was a hand-me-down from my mom that I loved. Remember all the trips to P.C., Dre?
2. I eat an obscene amount of butter if there is bread around. Please do not refer me to this statement if in six months I'm complaining of having gained 50 pounds. Already.
3. I also eat an obscene amount of cheese on a regular basis. Again, no need to refer back.
4. For a few years in college/grad school, I was a platinum blonde.
5. I have been to 4 Beach Boys concerts. I love The Beach Boys.
6. I've also seen America in concert. Love America, thanks to my dad.
7. I like my fruit sliced. That means bananas, strawberries, nectarines, watermelon, mango, and probably more. I think the clean edge makes it taste crisper.
8. I don't remember the first trimester being a time of uncomfortable sleep. About the only position that's comfy is on my back, and we all know those days are numbered. We're back to the part where if you lay on your side the top leg falls asleep. Ugh. Guess we better get the Snoogle out soon.
That said, today marks the beginning of the second trimester! I just KNOW happy days are right around the corner. Or at leat I'm hoping.
Happy Labor Day to all of you! We're heading to the fair tomorrow, in a much needed break for Ron from all the Labor Day weekend labor he's been doing. Deep fried candy bar, here he comes!
And, if you're interested in the results of the illustration I posted about, MAMA KEL found me through friends of friends and knew the book!! You can find it here. Thanks, new friend!