But we'll still go ahead with our ten. That's just how some weeks go.
1. Been thinking we should start Maple Mondays here soon, except that I remembered ours is one of the last trees to turn. So the entire state is all ablaze with yellows and oranges and reds and we're still green. Completely.
2. Yesterday at lunch, Alla says, completely utterly out of the blue, I'm not saying any bad word. I'm not saying 'shit.' Alla! You can't say that word. That's a grown-up word! But I'm not saying 'shit.' Alla! You can't say that word. That's a grown-up word! Please don't say that again. And then: immediate sobs. And choking on her half-chewed carrot. Seriously.
3. At the moment we're sitting here watching WordWorld. Have you seen it? She's in L-O-V-E. And I think it's adorable the first two times I see an episode but after that I pretty much wish I knew how to knit or some other couch-potato hobby, hence the blogging now. It's the one about there being an ant in every g-i-a-n-t again.
4. She also told me yesterday, Mama you have to hug me cause I got a 'brrr.' After she had a chill.
5. Speaking of chills, it didn't even get to 60 yesterday.
6. But Sunday and Monday we were so hot we had to turn on the a/c.
7. I reluctantly finished Waiting for Birdy. I say reluctantly because I was enjoying it greatly and it was so like what I feel pregnant for the second time, and her Ben was sounding so similar to my Alla, that I would find myself just cracking up in bed and trying to explain it to Ron. And, no, he wouldn't quite get it.
8. So in its place I started The Good Good Pig, which sounds very charming.
9. I also have A Prayer for Owen Meany on my shelf. Any thoughts on that one?
10. Can't believe it. TOMORROW The Laughrey's come to visit!!
And a bonus because I'm a day late: Today Alla is 2 years and 5 months. Next month I officially get to say two and a half. Whoa.