Thursday, February 26, 2009

Forty-six months.

Ron says only Mama would know she's forty-six months today. Probably so. I can't explain how much I love this picture, how it completely tells the story of her at forty-six months. And how I feel the color picture is so so different from the black and white.

In color, it's Saturday morning and the weekend morning movie is over and she's just telling stories and we're all swirling about in our paths of breakfast and run and dishes and up and down the stairs, and I happen to look over at my self-contained little child and see the beautiful tulle and curls and of course bare feet in February! In black and white it kind of catches my breath and I know that twenty years from now I'll be transported back to this morning when I ran to get my camera and saw you there on your table in front of the window, swinging that little dolly on the strings of the shades, completely in your own world. Completely. You have so many stories to tell.
Two months away from four. You love clean pasta, red peppers, waffles + plain yogurt for breakfast, dessert, suckers from Daddy's work, scissors + tape, art, school, books, Laila. You have rediscovered your love for WordWorld and still love Dora and Diego. You love the weekends, you love movies, you love hot hot baths. You can't wait til spring. You're planning your birthday already. You are fun. You are smart. I am proud of you. I am so lucky you're mine.

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Great picture J.J.!! She's so precious sitting there!

Megan said...

Miss Alla, I think you look lovely. I can't believe she is going to be 4 and is sitting there so big. I can almost hear her imagination and her stories through the computer. These pictures (and Bozo's below) really make me miss you all.

Amy said...

Ah, I love the mother's love in your "voice". She'll love reading this 20 years from now!

Cathy Bolander said...

When I look at that wonderful picture I see her on her wedding day many years from now reflecting on her mama's love. Great post j.j.

boo and stacy said...

this post got me....so sweet jj!

Susie said...

Such a classic moment of a little girl playing with her best friend- Imagination. So sweet, J.

linkwithin

linkwithin