1. Do you see why we call him Bozo or Crazy Hair sometimes? I should really refer back to Alla's pics from her first year because she was off-the-charts crazy hair. But for a boy who doesn't have much hair anyway, this is Crazy. 2. My son is going on two hours for his afternoon nap today. I scrapped a page, uploaded and edited some pictures, and am now working on this post. Holy good use of my time.
3. Yesterday Alla told Ron that for S week at school (they are currently on Q week, she's just thinking ahead), she wants to bring his screwdriver. This was prompted by his having left it on the counter after installing some more cabinet locks. It's an electric screwdriver so he obviously told her that wouldn't be a very good idea but maybe she could take one of his smaller ones. She then said she wanted to get her own screwdriver so that she could, and I quote, "Screw. With. Daddy." Her emphasis, not mine. We about died laughing.
4. We're late-lunchers around here. It's rare that we get to the lunch table much before one.
5. Taken at her request at the lunch table yesterday. Muffin Tin Mondays are still going strong around here.
6. At Target on Sunday, I poured my coffee beans into the grinder, only to discover that someone had left theirs in there, un-ground, and walked away. So I had to grind some of theirs into another bag, and then randomly decide it was time to stick mine in. Only my bag started to overflow, so obviously the first bit in there is that other person's coffee and who knows what it is. Darnit. I think I need to just get my own grinder.
7. Speaking of coffee, after reading the recent issue of Consumer Reports, we switched to Eight O'Clock brand coffee. I'm liking it better than the Archer Farms stuff at Target.
8. My little baby will be TWELVE MONTHS OLD in three weeks and two days. I cannot handle it.
9. We made coconut macaroons this weekend. First off, they are divine. Second, they are easy. Third, they lose their outer crispiness in a tupperware overnight, and are therefore best fresh out of the oven. Only downfall is how many the recipe makes. So invite some friends who like coconut and bake up a batch!
10. Took the kiddos for a run this afternoon in the double jogger. It was 38. It was lovely!