Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday.

1. Today I am thankful for having a little boy who is still on my hip lots during the day.

2. Today I did what I think is my last holiday session for the season. Today I am thankful for warm-enough weather to be outside.

3. Today I am thankful that Alla is home all week from school.

4. Today I am thankful for the one pair of stripey SmartWools I have left that do not have holes.

5. Today I am thankful that we started on our Thanksgiving feast. Cranberry sauce is in the fridge, flavors melding.

6. Today I am so so thankful to be staying put this holiday week.

7. My children will be thankful to see pomegranates on the table this Thanksgiving.

8. Everyday I am thankful for books. Yesterday Alla read Moose Crossing, and we've promised to take her to see the puppet show this weekend. I am in the middle of In Zanesville. Fisher discovered a wonderful lift-the-flap question and answer book at the library about Things That Go. And Ron is reading a 1000-pager he says is wonderful.

9. I was thankful this evening that Fisher asked me for blueberry yogurt, and that I could give it to him.

10. I am thankful for my husband, my partner. We've been cooking Thanksgiving dinners for over a decade and there isn't anyone I'd rather stick my arms in a turkey cavity with than him.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love your Thankfuls! I am thankful for all of you!!

linkwithin

linkwithin