Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ten on Tuesday-Wednesday.

1. This Thanksgiving I discovered my favorite way to enjoy stuffing is to nearly dehydrate it. Spread the leftovers on a baking sheet in a thin layer in a 300 degree oven until it is nicely toasted. Amazing. Kinda wishing we had more.

2. Speaking of leftovers, what did we eat before them? I literally had to ask my kids what they wanted me to put on the menu for the next couple weeks because I could not remember anything prior to turkey.

3. One more thing about leftovers, and then we can move on. Alla told me, "I'm only interested in eating Thanksgiving dinner ONCE."

4. Over the nice week-long Thanksgiving break, Alla and I started The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. We are two-thirds into it and it is such a remarkable story.

5. Only 16 more days of school til the long holiday break! Perhaps we will get some snow before then so there can be sledding?

6. Tomorrow is December 1st, and around here that means the number boxes adorn our mantel. The countdown to Santa begins!

7. On Sunday morning at 9:45 we took the kids to see the new Muppet (or Muffet, if you're Fisher) movie, and I think it was the nicest Sunday I've spent in awhile.

8. This weekend is the awesome craft fair I attend every year with my friend Nicole!

9. I thought I could wait until we remodeled our upstairs bathroom to get new towels, but it turns out 9+ years is the upper limit on ours and I had to break down and make a decision on new ones. I won't tell you how long that decision took me. How often do you buy towels?

10. Alla has some harder words on her spelling list this week: trumpet, trapeze, branches! 0.

1 comment:

Camala Turnage said...

I teach third grade and read Edward Tulane for the first time last year. It is quite the tear jerker. I highly suggest Dicamillo's other books too. They might be a bit hard to understand for a younger audience, but they're definitely worth it!

linkwithin

linkwithin