Thank you all for your support, thoughts, prayers. We feel them...
What we're doing in this very in-between time:
1. Park playdate today. Our park is completely shaded. You can't beat it.
2. Which leads me to this: I broke down and turned on the a/c for bedtime last night. My breaking point was 84 degrees in the house. And since it wasn't going to be cooler today, I figured we might as well go on and start it up for the summer. No need to suffer the miserable heat. Now 72 in the house feels chilly.
3. Took a splinter out of the little one's foot. Walking around barefoot is only fun til mama has to pull out the splinter.
4. I'm watching old episodes of 90210 on soap net. With all this miserable nothingness of summer television, I'm excited to have found this. Now, I've seen all these episodes, probably a few times, and I still did not remember that Kelly and Matt were engaged. Are we after her and Brandon left each other at the altar? What I really loved was watching the one where Steve and Janet led everyone on that scavenger hunt to their impromptu wedding.
5. Took Alla to see Shrek the Third on Saturday morning, on Stacey's recommendation. She mostly liked it:) The part where Shrek is having a nightmare about his future baby that violently spits up across the room did not thrill her. Kind of freaked her out and induced immediate sobbing. But we stayed til the end, and she delighted in the three little Shrek babies rolling around in the mud!
6. The other part of that movie that made her cry was when they played Damien Rice's 9 Crimes. It was like she could feel how sad that song is or something. Again, immediate sobbing.
7. The garden is up and [hopefully] growing: dahlias, zinnia, lettuce, cosmos, zucchini, strawberries, sunflower, and Alla's little marigold that she's been growing from seed since Easter. Tomatoes soon.
8. Listening to The Weepies which reminds me so much of when we bought that album last summer. Oh the memories. Hot, long days with her on my hip and quick jaunts to a store or two here and there before naptime. And the world spins madly on.
9. Going shoe shopping. Leaving her sitting there playing with the foot measurer thing for a second, then turning around and finding her pants off and she's telling me she has to measure her leg. Oh that funny girl.
10. Ron's dad will be laid to rest on Thursday. Please continue sending your thoughts and prayers...I'm not sure how long it takes for the ones left behind to truly rest again.