Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Ten on Tuesday.

1. Took Alla to the farm last Friday and she keeps asking to go back. She got to hold a baby chick, a kitten and a puppy, feed the cows, and pet the piglets. I think she's in awe of the fact that roosters actually do say cockadoodledoo.

2. Watched the first 4 episodes of Desperate Housewives, and my husband is hanging on because we also watched the first 2 episodes of Alias. How many seasons are there of Alias?

3. Did anyone record Army Wives? I read that if you're a Grey's fan, you should watch it. It's saved.

4. Does every household have at least one load of laundry to do everyday?

5. Ron built me a frame for my garden this weekend and together we dug up the grass in that 32 square foot space and that was a heck of a lot of work. The family that gardens together stays together.

6. All worth it, though, because Alla and I hit up the Farmer's Market this morning for dahlias, zinnia, basil, parsley, and the most amazing fuschia hanging basket you will ever see. Photos to come.

7. This is working out well: I got my new Real Simple yesterday, and I'm still working on the previous issue. I love that.

8. The most thrilling part of digging up the grass? Seeing how many worms we'd find. And a couple slugs. Alla let the worms crawl on her arm but not those ew-weee slugs.

9. Signed Alla up for swim class (we won't be calling them lessons, exactly) yesterday.

10. The first of our three-part nature classes is Friday. First up: Fabulous Flowers.

Happy June everyone!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm inspired by all of your wonderful summer garden activities. Just about the only thing I would change about Colorado is to have a slightly longer growing season. The tomatoes barely get red before we have snow again in the fall!

Susie said...

I just love to say cockadoodledoo!

Tara said...

The nature classes sound great. I miss having our own yard to garden, swing, and play around in. We think of you often.

boo and stacy said...

yes, there is always laundry to be down at my house. i love that she didnt want you to blow away!! what fun that yall went to the farm:)) you are such a good mother. always thinking up fun little activities for miss alla! stace

linkwithin

linkwithin