Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ten on Tuesday.

1. They say it's your birthday! Well it's my birthday, too:)

2. Yes, today I am 32 years old. I was born on Thursday, January 13, 1977, at 12:25 pm in Englewood, Colorado to William Thomas Fagan and Nancy Ann (Rees) Fagan. My dad had just turned 24 and my mama was 23 when I was pulled from her belly.

3. For either my eleventh or twelfth birthday, I had a party at home. I don't remember much other than the gift opening. My friend Jennie Hill gave me a sterling turquoise flower ring that I still have somewhere I think for Alla's dress-up, and my friend Yvette Cruz gave me a Pebbles tape. That was my first tape. 4. My first true-winter birthday was my 22nd, the year I was living in Urbana, Illinois and we got 36 inches of snow overnight and I had a few days prior dug my little Saturn out of the mound of snow around it. It was not a fun birthday, as I was remembering the glory of my twenty-first birthday the year before. The glamour, the curls, the heels, the spaghetti straps, the limo, the warmth I took for granted! Where are those photos...

5. Orlando Bloom is also 32 today. Other famous folks that share my birthday, but of course are much older than me or dead: Patrick Dempsey, Nicole Eggert of Charles in Charge fame, Jimmy Kimmel, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and Bella Lewitsky, dancer-choreographer extraordinaire.

6. I was pregnant for both my 28th and 31st birthdays. For that twenty-eighth birthday, Ron and I had jambalaya at a little spot in Hermosa Beach and then went and saw a movie and my back hurt so bad by that point in the pregnancy that I pretty much laid on him the whole two hours.

7. It is eight below today. No spaghetti straps here, unless you count the nursing tank I have under all the other layers.

8. I love my birthday. Love the whole day being for me, love the little surprises, the presents, the calls, the way people just want to make you feel so loved and special. I love it all, and always have.

9. So you'd think that I'd have some spectacular plans for today (I'm guessing that's why everyone keeps asking what my plans are). Well I never said I had to do it up BIG just cause it's my birthday. Just knowing that we're going to have a yummy fuss-free dinner later, and that there are presents to open, too, is more than enough for me.

10. Since I said fuss-free and yummy in the same sentence you are probably wondering just what meal fits the bill. Well, it's breakfast for dinner, of course! Tonight eggs and bacon, the old stand-bys, but with it, the Dutch Baby. So, because it's my birthday, I'm giving you a present - the recipe!

Dutch Baby

1/3 c. melted butter
6 eggs
1 ½ c. milk
1 ½ c. flour
¾ teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pour melted butter in a large casserole pan. Whisk the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour into the pan (don’t stir the butter into the batter). Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven (it will be very puffy).
Serve with cinnamon, powdered sugar, syrup, apples, strawberries, honey, or whatever you can think of.

14 comments:

Megan said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, my dear friend. I hope you are having a wonderful day and enjoying every minute of it. We are going to breakfast for supper too. Kind of like we are together today. Love you and miss you too!

Heather Walker said...

Happy Birthday, J.J. Hope you have a nice night! The Dutch Baby recipe sounds yummy...might just have to bake one of those up soon. :)

Amy said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!! I love those old birthday photos and your reminiscing! Hope your day has been as fabulous as you are!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday J.J.!!!

Marie said...

happy birthday!!! and for the record, we are going to have dutch baby tomorrow :) hope you have a great one!!

erin said...

Celebrating YOU today! I'm so glad you're in my life! =)

Megan said...

I know I already commented but I wanted to add that I had those same barettes when I was that age and I am pretty sure I had that big green ponty tail holder too. Funny how those things were so cool then. And you get so many well wishes because you are special. Love you!

Melanie said...

happy, happy birthday to one of my favorite mamas - hope you had a fabulous day with alla and fisher. :) ron too. ;)

Katie said...

Oh that does sound yummy! Happy Birthday! We love and miss you tons!

Rina said...

Happy Birthday! I always remember how you like to save the presents for last and draw out the opening process because you didn't like for that part to end :) I also remmeber the party at your condo in Ontario what was it??? Sophomore year? Memories...*sigh* Have a WONDERFUL day!

JOD said...

Love the old pictures! Hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday :)
HUGS!

Susie said...

LOOOVE the scrunchie from years past- you are such a hoot :) So glad your birthday was as wonderful as you are!

Dre said...

i totally remember you in that exact outfit! Oh G.Y.S. ... i'm pretty sure you had green socks too. (don't you dare bring up my blue eyeshadow!)

Nors- i remember that condo house party (all the house parties), but J.J.- remember circa 1991 your mom took us to the Red Onion in Newport Beach? lol! thanks mom! :) we thought we were so cool. i'm pretty sure I wore black suede pumps. I was 14! lol! some things never change! happy birthday j.j.! i heart you so much! xoxo dre

shelby valadez said...

I hope you had a super duper wonderful birthday!

linkwithin

linkwithin