1. My baby will be F-O-U-R on Sunday, so, love, this Ten is dedicated to you!
2. Four years ago, today (22 April) was her due date. She waited three more days, however, before she began inching her way into this world.
3. 34 hours and a cesarean section later, we had our first child, a beautiful baby girl weighing 9 pounds 5 ounces.
4. For her first birthday party, she gave out Rotavirus as a party favor. To pretty much every guest. Lovely.
5. She has always loved sugar snap peas, red peppers, and plain yogurt.
6. She is an artist. She does some sort of art every single day. She's incredibly creative.
7. She sounds out words and can spell a few, too.
8. She loves books. We generally have 20-30 library books at a time, and I love seeing this pre-reader time when she can sit down with a book, study the pictures, and figure out what the book is about.
9. She picks out her own clothes 99% of the time. Rarely does a day go by that she stays in that same outfit. There is usually some princess outfit at some point in the day.
10. That said, so far she's not really a girly-girl. Today she was out snake-hunting, and in a few weeks we'll be digging for worms. I love that about her.
Here's to four more days of three, babe!