3. Alla's guests of honor: Aunt Ronna and Grandma!
4. Perhaps the funniest part of the birthday party: after all the games were played, the cupcakes eaten, and the presents opened, Alla wanted to dress up in her new Fancy Nancy outfit. Somehow all the party guests were on board with this idea, and within moments they were upstairs in her room, slamming the door. I peeked a few minutes later and Alla had removed all her birthday clothes and was pulling on tights. Her friends (5 girls and 2 boys) were all helping get her ready for the big reveal. Fifteen minutes later they come out with her and shout "Ta Da!" It was so cute. I would post a picture of that, but Alla still had, uh, parts hanging out. But she was fancy, trust me.
5. More dress-up accessories!
6. Pretty much her standard reaction after opening each gift. She was just so excited. Ron said his favorite part of the day was just watching how excited she was, so loud and rambunctious and in charge.
7. Her very own banner, pink and red and stars. This one's a little more fragile. Thankfully Grandma and Daddy were there to help put it up!
8. Did I mention that Mother Nature forced us inside once again? Yep, 40s and rain on the party day. Maybe an outdoor party here is like a once every five years thing.
9. Took her for her four-year check up yesterday morning. She's 42 inches and 38 pounds.
10. I interviewed her this morning, adding more questions than last year, and can't wait to add her picture and put it in her scrapbook for posterity. Some answers have changed in a year, of course, but some are the same. Case in point: What are you really good at? Art, says my little artiste.
If anyone wants my Word-document kid questionnaire, send me an email and I'll get it to you. It's fun! I plan to continue it every year. One of these years she'll start filling it out herself, I suppose. Sigh.