Friday, September 04, 2009

Art Friday.

This was a relaxing thing to do on the deck in the sun this morning after breakfast dishes. It took him awhile to get used to the whole do-it-with-your-fingers, Buddy-concept. He just kept looking at me funny and saying "ucky." But happily he got into it.Of course as soon as he saw how Big Sister does it, with actual brushes, Mama, he was all over that. There was no other way.

They made beautiful red-orange-yellow suns and then we hung them up to dry. She helped him for awhile, holding the paint cup, until he just wanted to hold it himself. At the end she said he'd made the most beautiful sun. I think certain things really get her, make her realize, in as much as a preschooler can, that a year is big in a baby's life, and now he can do things. Wow.
For some reason, when I saw this one on my computer tonight, I stopped and stared with my heart all a-flutter. The yeh-woh paint on his face, that baby hand poised, that concentrated stare, all just him, all just who we all love day after day after tiring, tiring day.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Jacob had his first whoopie pie today. Of course, it was messy. As soon as he took his first bite, he held up his hands and said, "Hands dirty". I thought boys were supposed to love mess. I guess it is selective as to when they love mess. I love that last picture!

Amy said...

I don't know that I would have described that as "relaxing" but definitely "fun" and full of good memories! It's so fun to see them doing activities together and gets me all excited for Ben to get bigger (well, maybe it's a consolation for him getting bigger, cause I really want him to stay a baby for a long, long time!).

Melanie said...

and here i thought i was being fun with crayons... lol

Rina said...

I totally "saw" what you said about that last pic...great way of describing your heart my friend!

linkwithin

linkwithin