1. After dropping Alla at school this morning, Fisher came home and immediately spotted Lovey, just hangin' out waiting for him to come home. He went right up and said, Hi, Wuvee, what are you doin? Playin? Yes? Big kiss.
2. A loose ritual for he and I on this one morning a week is to come home and read a bunch of books (especially boy ones like Purplicious that Alla couldn't possibly stand when she's home), and/or watch Signing Time. We haven't moved past the helicopter one. It's the one I used to hook him, figuring on him being excited about seeing helicopters, motorcycles, fire trucks. But we're still there.
3. This morning I was finishing up putting away the dishes and he thought he'd go on down to the television and just wait for me. I come downstairs and find him sitting on the couch with a blanket on him and he says, Cosee. Yep we were super cozy watching that same old Signing Time.
4. Super Bowl at our house = picnic. Even Fisher gets the excitement. Downstairs! Blanket! Floor! Foo-bawl!
5. Oh and guacamole, since avocados were on sale for an unprecedented forty-eight cents each. Score. It is a rare day that Fisher and I don't split an avocado with our lunches. Avocado goes with everything, don't you know?
6. Lately I can count shoveling snow amongst my workout options. If it were just the powdery stuff on the driveway I doubt I could get away with this, but it seems everytime I get out there a plow has just come around and dumped a huge amount of heavy wet snow at the end of our driveway and today my arms are still aching from it. The deck needs a good shoveling but I'm not sure my arms can handle anymore!
7. Yesterday Alla asked me what a mine is. I thought that "a place where they gather things" was a good answer to give my four-year-old. She obviously did not, because here is how she responded: No, a mine is a network of tunnels.
8. Needless to say, both kids are enjoying a steady stream of road construction DVDs.
9. Nana + Pappi are headed into town this weekend! The kids are over the moon!
10. Know what that means for us? Date night! We haven't been out since October. Dinner and a movie? Any movie suggestions?