Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Ten on Tuesday.

1. Every week at school, Fisher chooses a toy and a book from the library to borrow. Every week he chooses a backhoe or dump truck or loader, and a book about diggers.

2. Alla asked for piggies this morning, and I was so happy that my almost-six-year-old wanted pigtails in her hair. And a headband. That girl doesn't go anywhere without a headband.

3. We went to her school for conferences last night and her teacher told us that Alla is "colorful" and "free-spirited," and if you know Alla at all, you know these descriptors to be spot-on. She actually told us that she looks forward to seeing what Alla will be wearing when she walks in the room each morning. This is most certainly because she could be wearing three different shirts, all in different colors, a dress, tights, a pair of socks, and among all of this there will likely be at least three different patterns.

4. Alla and I went to a friend's roller-skating party Saturday morning and had a BLAST!

5. Oh, yes, my good friends the Army Wives are back!

6. That means Friday Night Lights won't be far behind.

7. Our family eats so much granola that I have to make it at least once a week!

8. I have three books on my nightstand: Belong to Me, The Art of Racing in the Rain, and The Ten Basic Principles of Good Parenting. I was on a roll, and then got busy thinking about the upcoming birthday.

9. The upcoming birthday also means a visit from Uncle John, Aunt Jenn, and cousin Ashton!

10. It also means that pretty soon there will be a three year old in the house.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I would say Alla's teacher is correct with those words. Alla has always reminded me of Junie B. Jones (I love those books)! I am hearing you on the three year old because that means my three year old won't be three too much longer after that. Sigh

Melanie said...

we're eagerly awaiting FNL as well but sad that this is the last season. :(

Cathy Bolander said...

I love how much Fisher loves trucks.

Amy said...

Hayden and Fisher would get along just grand! Hayden's first love is cars, of which construction vehicles are a popular subset, followed closely by trains. These boys!

linkwithin

linkwithin