1. Holy weather - we took the jogger out yesterday and stopped at the park. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering if it's really January.
2. Fisher was gifted A Sick Day for Amos McGee for Christmas, and I'm so glad we now have it in our collection. We of course checked it out from the library several times last year, and I hadn't forgotten how truly charming it is.
3. I must get to Michael's soon, as there is a slew of new kid art that needs framing.
4. Last night for dinner I threw together some leftover pasta and handfuls of cheese. I greased a muffin tin, tossed in a tablespoon of seasoned (salt, garlic powder, cayenne) crushed Chex, topped each muffin cup with 1/4 cup of the pasta/cheese mix, 1 teaspoon of the seasoned, crushed Chex, and drizzled with olive oil. Baked at 375 for about 18 minutes, and had my very own version of Giada's Mac n Cheese Muffins that absolutely everyone loved!
5. I was gifted the most fabulous pair of red slippers for Christmas, after my last pair, a two dollar sale find at Old Navy, got its umpteenth hole and made my husband very embarrassed. The new slippers were worn every waking moment starting Christmas Day, and somehow the stitching on the top of the right one came loose, so in true Lands End style they took them back and shipped me a new pair, which arrived today, just at the very moment I was wishing I had them to warm my tootsies.
6. Currently reading: Falling Together.
7. Is it really "Down-tn" Abbey, or are we allowed to say "DownTOWN Abbey?"
8. Yesterday I registered Fisher for next year's preschool - his last year of preschool. I don't get it, he seems like such a baby, so my littler at this age than Alla seemed. How will be be doing kindergarten round-up this time next year?
9. Alla and I went for a brisk walk yesterday - and by brisk I mean fast not chilly, she is quite a fast walker-skipper and even I have a hard time keeping up with her little legs! - and she found two live caterpillars and a beat-up old firetruck toy left by a neighbor who had moved away (she made her little brother very happy). Neither of these things would have been found in an ordinary snowy January!
10. Three days til I'm another year older!