1. First full week of summer!
2. First trip to the library for the summer, and the shelves are nearly bare. Looks like I'll be requesting.
3. The last four books I read were memoirs, and I've just started another one. Today at the library, despite the slim pickings, there sat a book I'd had on my to-read list for awhile, and I realized how much I've missed juvenile fiction. Summer is the perfect time for lots of it.
4. Alla recently read a fairy book about a girl names Phoebe, which she insists is pronounced "foh-bee."
5. Last week we had our first cherries of the summer. Since they are on sale for $2.49 a pound this week, I'm longing for more.
6. This week one of my favorite flowers around the neighborhood, the peony, is almost done. Too bad. I will miss Fisher calling them the "punies."
7. Summer seems to come at the perfect time. I was very ready to have Alla home everyday. Summer is sweet.
8. In a few weeks we are taking the kids overnight to Duluth, and I am just giddy thinking about how Fisher will just love to watch the boats and the bridge and Alla will weigh our car down with as many smooth rocks as she can carry. Four and seven are fun.
9. Fisher is so excited to show his big sister to all of his preschool friends at the park tomorrow morning. The cutest thing around might be hearing a four-year-old make formal introductions.
10. That little boy amused the heck out of his family last night, watching him play soccer. First official game is next Monday. I simply cannot wait!