Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Ten on Tuesday.

1. Made the most delicious rice side dish ever - Mexican Sour Cream Rice. So glad we have a third night of leftovers because I'm not quite done with that yet.

2. To go with that yummy rice, or rather, the main course to that rice, was the most amazing carnitas ever. Which I'm also looking forward to, for the third night in a row.

3. After that I will have to resort to the old stand-by, Black Bean Soup.

4. Winter is truly holding on here, with 4-8 inches of snow predicted by Thursday. It's getting out of hand, even for Minnesota. I'm hoping to grow wings and fly south for a bit.

5. Fisher is upstairs having quiet time, telling a story with various Lego creations. Legos are just about the only toy played with these days.

6. I have 308 pictures from our trip in March through this past week that I simply must find the time to go through.

7. Do you ever feel like you could sit at your computer for an entire day and still not get everything done?

8. Alla got new shoes this weekend - honest to goodness running shoes - and she asked to go for a run when she got home yesterday. So we did. Then she asked Daddy if we could find a "running race" to sign up for, but could she skate in it. She is crazy fast on rollerblades, but still. We mentioned the whole definition of "running race."

9. I went through an entire expanding file folder of saved recipes-to-try this morning. Creating this folder was, for whatever reason, one of my to-do items when during the nesting stage of my pregnancy with Alla. It is very organized and labeled, however, I don't think I've done anything but file magazine pages in there, and in fact I ended up purging 90% of it. Honestly, the recipes I wanted to try in 2005 are very different from those I can try in 2013. Anything with flour, nuts, flax, and sesame were tossed, and the rest of the 90% were way too complicated for a mom. The things you learn in almost 8 years as a mother.

10. I am still on the hunt for the perfect, not-eighty-dollar-sweatshirt. Been looking since last summer. So far no luck. It's out there. The one I'm wearing today is not it!

No comments:

linkwithin

linkwithin