Friday, March 10, 2006

Flashback Friday: Songleader 1991-92


I went to Pomona Catholic High School, an all-girls school. So pep rallies on Fridays weren't done in front of a thousand kids, girls and boys, in honor of the big football game that night. I think they were just done so we could have a Cheer and Song team, and to try to keep up morale in those dreary halls.

Here I am on stage one Friday I presume, in my sophomore year, gettin' down with my bad self.

How about the yearbook staff taking good ol' black and whites back then? Good on them. So classic.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Love this, J. I didn't know you were a songleader- you could be on your freshmen year? Our school only allowed songleaders during their junior and senior years. Did Chino High play against PC? I wonder if I saw you back then and didn't know it?!

Anonymous said...

this is so awesome! brings back memories of my own hi school years!

Elizabeth said...

Cute.
Though I don't exactly know what songleaders are, and from Susie's comment, I can tell they must be something important. (This is a band kid speaking here, heh heh) So good for you : )

Our yearbook people did black and white too... both where I went to school and when I was teaching... even developed their own photos in the darkroom. I can't imagine how different yearbook must be with digital!!

linkwithin

linkwithin