1. Despite my best efforts, I have contracted Ron and Alla's filthy cold.
2. Alla is in full animal-rescuer mode. She has taken my measuring tape to use as a rope to rescue animals such as baby humpback whales and tapirs, and is using an old toilet paper roll (that she decorated, no less) as a spotting scope.
3. It was so nice to have my husband home yesterday. Granted, he took a sick day to try and fully recover from his cold, and really just ended up taking care of me, but it was lovely not to be on our own right at the beginning of feeling crummy. Thanks, babe.
4. I can't believe this baby is due in twelve-ish days. Due dates mean nothing to babies, however. Maybe the new moon on the 7th will bring us some baby vibes.
5. We still haven't packed our hospital bags.
6. Let's revisit the topic of who Alla sleeps with. First, of course, there was Baby Rolla, who got kicked to the curb for the borrowed Kevin. When Kevin was returned, Zebra took his place. And then this weekend she rediscovered the penguin that Aunt Renee gave her for Christmas - a Happy Feet penguin, of course (I think it's "Gloria," but Alla just assumed it was "Mumble," so that was the official name.), who has now been renamed "Pepito" after a penguin that Diego rescued on a recent episode.
7. Picked up egg dye kits this weekend at Target, so we're all ready for Easter while I'm recovering from this birth and adjusting to new mom of two life. Just need a little bunny for the baby, but who knew those are not in any way gender neutral! By the way, when does the Easter Bunny arrive at the malls? Surely Alla will want to see him, and hopefully before the baby arrives.
8. Want the new Erykah Badu CD. New Erykah Badu. Been a long time.
9. I'm reading magazines like crazy. All the March magazines have already been read: Real Simple, Simple Scrapbooks, Wondertime. You'd think I would save some for the hospital or something. Truth is, I don't remember reading a single thing at the hospital last time. What on earth did I do there for three days?
10. Today Alla is 34 months old. Can't believe I've been taking a snapshot of her every month on the 26th for 34 months now.
Some shopping answers from the kiddos' room for those who were wondering...
The First Year Frame comes from Pottery Barn Kids
The canvas comes from http://www.canvasondemand.com/