Thursday, April 10, 2008

Three for Thursday.

This has been our first week without Daddy home.

I'd say we're doing alright, especially considering that Alla is getting over the cold that she gave to Fisher. Argh. The joys of having a big sister, right, little man?

I've certainly learned that there are few things I will give up sleep for. Actually I can't think of one off the top of my head. Definitely not for blogging, or even photographing, let alone editing. If both kids are asleep I run to my bed, close my eyes super tight and pray for immediate sleep.

But in one of my productive awake periods yesterday, since my son is now three weeks old, I captured this. And in my head I imagined lots of comparison posts so you could see how he and Alla are just spitting images of one another at this age, but that would require spending loads of time downstairs on my computer, and, let's face it, I'm spending loads of time in my own bed. He barely fits in this basket. And I thought it was a big basket.And, it's too elusive for me to photograph at the moment, but my son is making attempts at smiling. It's this big toothless double-dimpled grin when you nuzzle into his cheekies. Gotta get that on video at least. Or maybe this weekend Daddy can hold the camera and I can get him to do the grin. Stay tuned.
We are ready for spring here but apparently Mother Nature feels we haven't had enough winter yet as another storm with measureable snow is on its way tonight. Sigh. We'll get spring one day, right?
And with that, I'm glancing over at my son all swaddled up snug as a bug and seeing his eyes grow very heavy, so that means, you guessed it, run to my own bed and pray for immediate sleep. Ta-ta!

15 comments:

Amy said...

We're getting that measurable snow right now. Yuk. Love the photos. And I can't blame you for not giving up sleep. There are few things I'd give it up for and I don't have a newborn & toddler!

pakosta said...

i didn't think he looked like all aT ALL at first, but that 2nd shot, wow it's the spitting image of her for sure!!!!!!!!!!!
tara

Sue Thomas said...

You go enjoy your nap while I enjoy baby photos!

Megan said...

Oh my. I can't believe how much he looks like Alla. Thinking good thoughts for sleep. I was never able to nap. Still can't.

Tara said...

immediate sleep - lol

i totally can relate to this but i only have one child. :) so go sleep!!!

Heather Walker said...

Great pics! glad to hear that you are getting some rest!

boo and stacy said...

ohh you are too cute with your running to bed to sleep. i can totally picture you squeezing your eyes shut....great that they both are sleeping at the same time. hope that continues for you:)

he is gorgeous.

stace

Katie said...

Yep he's a boy Alla--even the way he had his lips in the second shot!

Oh how I love my sleep...how about hiring a night nurse J.J.? heeheehee

Cathy Bolander said...

So cute. He does look like Alla. I'm glad you are getting some sleep. Joey is still getting up 2x a night but at least going to sleep right after eating. Nap for us both. I'm thinking about you.

Susie said...

He looks liek a thinker in the first two. Gosh, tehy grow too qucikly, don't they?

Susie said...

I'm sorry about my typos. I'll try to slow down...

Rina said...

Sooo cute! LOL at him all squishy in the basket. I love it!

Marie said...

oh my gosh he is just gorgeous. seriously. gorgeous!!!

erin said...

GORGEOUS!

Susan Weinroth said...

those pics (and little Fisher) just look so completely gorgeous and snuggly and soft...! so fabulous. :)

linkwithin

linkwithin