Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Random Wednesday post.

I'm not even going to front and say that this isn't a Ten on Tuesday post, because, well, it is. Since it's actually Wednesday, we'll just call it something else but still put numbers there to keep things nice and tidy. At least I'm not locked into ten this way. And, who knows, you might even get more than ten.

1. Some outside time yesterday. I swear if the wind even slightly whips at her bare arms, a sweatshirt must be put on. Stat. 2. I'm not sure why the long face. Maybe the gloomy weather. Maybe the fact that I made her put her wormies back in the ground before we came in. I swear, if she could find a way to keep them inside, we'd have more worms than people living in here. 3. There we go, a little happier-looking:) 4. Another first for me - an infant carseat. We borrowed one from friends and though I'm not a fan for regular use - i.e. trying to hold onto Alla's hand, carry that monstrous thing with my fifteen-pound baby in it, and a diaper bag all the while trying to push the right button on the remote to lock the car - I did take Ron's car to Walgreens the other evening, with just my son in the infant carseat. And, no, when we got there I didn't carry the whole dang thing in with us, I took him out of the seatbelt and carried him. Reminded me of those old days with Alla when she was itty bitty and I took her everywhere and probably thought it was hectic. But boy did I mosy through Walgreens, taking my sweet ol' time, because holding just him felt pretty easy. And nice. 5. Got some new diapers, thanks to Megan, the Happy Hempy, for nighttime. Tried it last night for the first time and FINALLY no leaks! That is one super thick, absorbant diaper.

6. All you have to do is give her a paintbrush and some water and she's content for like an hour.7. Don't you love the concentration face?8. The two Killins kids have been roomies for a week now. And that's what I call them, The Killins Kids. As in, "Come on, Killins Kids, time to go!" But I don't say that too often cause I don't actually GO too often.

9. What are 12-week-olds supposed to play with? Fisher is pretty content to forcefully and methodically shove the same thing into his mouth over and over until he drops it and then it's like he never even had it. Ah, the memory of a 12-week-old.

10. He loves toys that play music. We might need a toy that plays Bob Marley.

11. A great find for all my foodie friends: A Year of Crockpotting. But you must report back on what you tried and loved. I believe we have Mongolian Beef on the menu for tomorrow.

12. I am loving the not-too-warm weather around here where you can just take it outside: morning cup of tea [that you've reheated at least three times], dinner a couple times a week, watercolors. She's in love with watercolors.
13. (Thirteen? See, just wait an extra day and I have more to share.) I somehow let my Real Simple subscription lapse (my last issue was March, when I suddenly became a little bit busier) and am deeply perturbed by thisl. How on earth did I not realize I hadn't read an April or May, and now June, issue? I feel like I have truly missed out.

11 comments:

Amy said...

Oooo, Oooo, I have a "ten on wednesday" post, too! I hear you, sister. :-)

Thanks for your 13, though. I love catching up with you!

Marie said...

i totally feel you on the car seat thing. we have to go down steps to get out our front door (which i have to also hold) plus make sure the two year old doesn't fall. boo. the other day i dropped an entire diet dr pepper on the ground. BOO HOO.

and we have been going out, but i am a state of panic and stress trying to get us out the door. every. single. time.

Dre said...

pretty sure i have april and may issues of real simple... if i find 'em, i'll ship 'em :)

love the picture of fisher in the car seat!

i missed you yesterday :) xoxo dre

Susie said...

love the concentration face-- what is she painting on- the window?? THat's suc ha cool shot!

Katie said...

I know what you mean about Real Simple. I stopped my subscription this year. It was my favorite magazine but I just don't have time to read it! )-:

A lovely 13 by the way--certainly worth the wait!

Cathy Bolander said...

I can barely pick up my infant car seat even when Joey is not in it. I loved the photos of Alla especially with her coat zipped all the way up around her face. Very cute.

pakosta said...

LOVE Her curls so so much!
t

JOD said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Could Fisher be any cuter in that picture? I could swim in his dimples. And I love Alla's precious curls. YOur children are GORGEOUS!

Sue Thomas said...

What cute photos, j.j.! I'm in agreement with alla on the need for a sweatshirt! She's a true Minnesotan - lol!!!!!!

Megan said...

I'm so glad that diapers are working for you. I love them and they work very well for us. Great post.

Susan Weinroth said...

awwwwwwww. i love the alla + hoodie pics and the baby fisher goes shopping with momma pics.... totally miss you guys :(

linkwithin

linkwithin