1. It was a balmy 27 degrees when we took Alla to school this morning. Yes I know we've been through two winters here already, but this is going to take some getting used to.
2. Ron got it in his head this weekend that he was going to work on the garage AGAIN so that he could park his car in there, too. He was very excited this 27-degree morning that his hard work paid off. Halleluiah, two cars in the garage. Fancy that.
3. Something about the garage clean-up inspired other organization projects throughout the house (we must be getting the den ready for winter): the big winter clothes switch-out in all closets, reorganization of bookshelves (books by color - Marie, this is your fault for reminding me that I thought this was a great idea, and Ronald, this is also your fault because you started the book overhaul with the whole garage clean-up), and even one kitchen cupboard got reorganized so that the top shelf is stuff that is safe for me to eat, so I no longer have to read at least those labels before I dive in.
4. Ron also put up a key hook shelf, a mirror, and some art in our teensy entryway (I should take a picture; I'm smitten by this little bit of stuff on the wall), and agreed to a small bench right there beneath it for putting on winter boots. Perfect, I thought, I found a local place a few weeks ago and bookmarked the page. They use wood from old barns, and cut it to the length you want, this will be great. Except. I didn't actually bookmark the page after all and cannot for the life of me find it via Google. Ugh. Back to the drawing board.
5. Let's get back to some vacation pics. Honestly these two had such an amazing time together. They spent literally every waking moment together. Woke up right next to each other, ate together, watched Ariel together, played together, pottied together, went to bed right next to each other. Inseparable.
6. And cute, too.7. Now the driving reason for our trip was the wedding of my oldest and dearest friend, Andrea. 8. Isn't she a gorgeous bride? The wedding was impeccable. Classy, relaxed, full of love. Outdoors at the Long Beach Museum of Art at sunset over the water. I am so glad we got to be there. Best wishes, Andrea + Gene!9. We got Fisher all dolled up to attend his first wedding. Alla got to stay with Kelsea for a few hours. I know Gene was the man of the hour, but seriously, have you ever seen anything so handsome?10. This here is the funniest thing ever and will totally make your day. Go ahead. Click.