1. I will say it again: summer is SUPER busy, and officially it's only the first week.
2. Case in point: Alla's doing a two-week swim camp, which is M-Th for this week and next. Mondays are soccer games, so for these two weeks there are two activities on Mondays. It's kind of crazy. I'm trying to remember that the reason we did swimming this way is so that we weren't committing to an entire summer of Saturdays.
3. I cannot believe it's almost the Fourth. Maybe this'll be the year we all get flag tees.
4. I'm almost to the middle of Crossing to Safety, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. It's only of those books, like East of Eden, where it's not page-turning, but very satisfying and rich. I'm also an incredibly slow reader.
5. Treat your family to some Kettle Corn today. You won't be sorry.
6. It was at least 92 here yesterday. We made popsicles last night that are in the freezer now, in preparation for today's continued heatwave. Strawberry-peach.
7. Alla and I are four chapters away from the end of Stuart Little. It's got to be the most perfect chapter book; each chapter is super short and just full of adventure, with plenty of illustrations. If anyone has the next perfect chapter book, I'm taking suggestions. We read Charlotte's Web last summer.
8. Summer: I like my (big) marshmallows in the freezer, I will not be blow-drying my hair until probably September, and I started a batch of iced coffee.
9. Our daddy had a lovely Father's Day, starting with golf, coming home to a nacho (his request) feast prepared by Alla and I, and capped off with dinner alfresco down the street at our friends' house.
Boy do they love their Daddy! I think he's pretty swell, too;)
10. My dad is pretty swell as well, and is way too far away in my opinion. I miss you, Dad, and love you so much!