Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ten on Tuesday.

1. We have created a Poop Monster around here. When we started potty training two weeks ago, Daddy promised two shows to Fisher for a poop. We didn't think he was ever going to poop. The kid is now pooping 4 times a day.

2. Luckily with school today, and nap, and wanting to play in the snow, somehow I got away with just two shows: Cat in the Hat and Dora, the "Stuck Truck" episode.

3. When he realized on Sunday that he could poop more than once, or even every hour or so if he really tried (yes, rabbit turds count when you're potty training), I think he watched "Stuck Truck" about seven times.

4. That's all I'm going to say about poop. For today.

5. Two days til I turn thirty-four.

6. Guess who's coming for birthday dinner? Mom and Bob! Don't remember the last time I spent a birthday with my mom. Seventeen?

7. After watching Wordplay this weekend, Ron is on a crazy crossword kick.

8. Went for a run this evening in 22 degrees, and boy does that feel warm. I could have run a few more miles, but, sadly, it was dinner time. Tortilla soup, a favorite for three of us. The boy tends to turn his nose up at soup. He signs that he's full and wants "different else," and it's no use explaining that if he's still hungry there's a perfectly good bowl of soup right in front of you, mister.

9. Tonight's bedtime stories: S is for School (the Elmo school book, Fisher says), The Pink Refrigerator by Tim Egan, and then I snuck one more in, and Alla read half of it: A Visitor for Bear. Oh we love Bear and Mouse.

10. Alla told us tonight that for her birthday she'd really like to go get ice cream. Way to plan ahead, sweetheart.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Did you know there were more bear books? I didn't until just recently... we love A Visitor for Bear too. I can't wait to look for the other ones!

Amy said...

Way to go, Fisher! I think kids are onto us and know that they can really hold out for something good during potty training. Hayden got a matchbox car for every poop. I think we added about 4 dozen to our collection in a 3 week period. . .

Jody Wenner said...

Strange....Scott watched Wordplay 2 weekends ago and it has been nothing but crosswords over here for 2 weeks! Does Ron do the New York Times ones on the Ipad? That's what we have going on and they are addicting though we can't come anywhere near completing them in 2.5 minutes...even together...I can barely read thru the clues in 5!

Happy almost Birthday!

Susan Weinroth said...

happy happy HAPPY birthday :) and i'm jealous that your poop bribes work. ;)

Susie said...

It's the end of the day here in CA and I know you like to stretch out your birthday celebration, so I came by to wish you once more a happy birthday, west coast time. You are such a special lady, glad to have you as a friend. XOXO.

linkwithin

linkwithin