Friday, February 25, 2011

Polished pretties.

It may be hard to believe, but until this month, I had never painted my daughter's fingernails. She had them painted once before, last summer at our city's penny carnival, but not since. So for Valentine's Day, she got a single bottle of bright pink polish and was over the moon. It was one of those occasions where you spend two bucks and get so much happiness out of that tiny jar, versus the other times, when you spend fifty and are completely let down. Kids don't need much, I tell you.
The next day after lunch she rushed to the little table and we proceeded to cut, file, and paint. Here she is, showing off her polished nails. You can tell she's new to this by the way she's holding them up.
And, lest I think that this little bottle of nail polish will coerce my daugher into becoming an incredibly girly, prissy little thing, she also made this great face for me, which reminds me that she's still Alla. Just with polished (as she says) little fingernails.

No comments:

linkwithin

linkwithin