1. This was the first President's Day Monday that Ron had off that we can remember. Part of it was spent doing Alla's science project. (Two hours were also spent looking for the variables that went missing as soon as the data was collected.)
2. I took the kids out for a walk in the open space, on a "secret path," and we imagined riding bikes back there in the summertime. Imagined Fisher being big enough to keep up on his bike instead of in the trailer! Maybe a little of both.3. Then last night the snow came and knocked out the power right as we were heading to bed, and of course two hours later the whole house is blazing lights, lamps, and bird-chirping sound spa. Really, a little snow, and there's no power?
4. This morning, a beautiful puffy thick white, and all-day dripping. So it will be gone soon.
5. One of the best things to look forward to in the morning, besides another day, besides hot coffee, is steel cut oats on the stove, cooked overnight and ready to warm you up. Oaties, Fisher says.
6. That little guy, Friday night after movie night at Daddy's work, all tuckered out.7. Saturday Alla lost her second top tooth! She's got the cutest little lisp now. 8. Lentil soup for dinner in the crockpot with homemade biscuits. So yum. I love my crockpot more than any other appliance.
9. Last ice skating lesson this weekend. Alla has loved every single Saturday, and that's saying a lot.
10. Next week is March...March is when we start imagining warm days, and how to fill them.