1. The little chirpies flew away. Well, they're kind of hobbling around our backyard. But they've left the nest.
2. Let's see, Alla likes eggs again. This is a throwback to her baby days, when I'd cook one up and cut it into strips and she'd think it was a heck of a gourmet night in our house. Now she's asking for them for breakfast. Asking.
3. She also likes hot dogs. We told her they were sausage and she was sold.
4. What I had for breakfast today: 2 veggie sausage patties (really not even close to as good as regular old sausage) and two whole wheat waffles with butter and maple syrup, and a glass of OJ.
5. I'm extremely tired of the 95 degree days already. Sheesh.
6. Took Alla to the Children's Museum today. We spent three and a half hours there - so much time that I didn't have enough cash to pay for parking and they actually gave me an I.O.U. since they don't take credit.
7. Still reading Harry Potter, but taking my time. Cause once it's over it's over.
8. Also started Waiting for Birdy, since a friend recently lent it to me. Comical and insightful and moving thus far.
9. How is it almost August?
10. Wishing we were back in Hilton Head, where five years ago we were arriving, wedding clothes in hand, to make all the preparations for our Big Day. Don't get me wrong, it was hot there, too, but there was beach and friends and waves and salt in the air.