So, without further ado, this Ten on Tuesday is to celebrate you, Fish. Just you.
1. You don't really like to play with toys. You prefer pulling plugs out of outlets, scooting the dustbuster around, opening cabinets, and pulling all of the ziploc baggies out of the ziploc baggie box.
2. The exception seems to be the play kitchen, where you can sit for a long time and, you guessed it, pull out all of the pieces. Once those are out and on the floor, though, you move on to more trouble.3. Consequently, we call you a "menace" and "Trouble" quite as often as we call you by your given name. I mean, it's written all over your face.
4. Yesterday we brought your walker outside. You loved that. You walked all over the street, showing all the friends we haven't seen all winter what mad skills you have. When last they saw you, you were just learning to sit up, so this is amazing progress.
5. You give kisses pretty freely. And say mmmmmmm when you do it.
6. Sometimes, after I kiss you at a nap or bedtime, I'll hear you mmmm'ing from your crib, beckoning me back for just one more kiss. And I oblige.
7. You're over rice cakes.
8. You love pineapple, and Mama's banana bread is pretty fine to you, too.
9. You did NOT like your one-year check-up today. You definitely are wary of the doctor's office, and pretty much cried through the whole thing. I do not blame you, buddy, that finger prick thing was brutal.
10. You are 23 pounds, 2 ounces and 32 inches tall. And we love every bit of you.