Monday, March 16, 2009

Ten on Tuesday, The Fisher Edition.

A year ago today I was still pregnant, yes, and 8 days overdue. The following day at my doctor appointment, they told me my son was off their charts and their best guess was that he could be up to eleven pounds, five ounces, and did I still want to wait for him to come on his own or did I want to schedule a repeat cesarean. Well, I really did want to wait for him to come on his own, but after a few hours thought about what it might be like to push out a baby weighing more than eleven pounds, I gave up on that silly notion and called the very next morning to be sliced open again, thankyouverymuch, and stat. That evening, my son was born, and we were ever so disappointed that he weighed in at only ten pounds, two ounces, and twenty-three inches long. Ha.

So, without further ado, this Ten on Tuesday is to celebrate you, Fish. Just you.

1. You don't really like to play with toys. You prefer pulling plugs out of outlets, scooting the dustbuster around, opening cabinets, and pulling all of the ziploc baggies out of the ziploc baggie box.

2. The exception seems to be the play kitchen, where you can sit for a long time and, you guessed it, pull out all of the pieces. Once those are out and on the floor, though, you move on to more trouble.
3. Consequently, we call you a "menace" and "Trouble" quite as often as we call you by your given name. I mean, it's written all over your face.

4. Yesterday we brought your walker outside. You loved that. You walked all over the street, showing all the friends we haven't seen all winter what mad skills you have. When last they saw you, you were just learning to sit up, so this is amazing progress.

5. You give kisses pretty freely. And say mmmmmmm when you do it.

6. Sometimes, after I kiss you at a nap or bedtime, I'll hear you mmmm'ing from your crib, beckoning me back for just one more kiss. And I oblige.

7. You're over rice cakes.

8. You love pineapple, and Mama's banana bread is pretty fine to you, too.
9. You did NOT like your one-year check-up today. You definitely are wary of the doctor's office, and pretty much cried through the whole thing. I do not blame you, buddy, that finger prick thing was brutal.
10. You are 23 pounds, 2 ounces and 32 inches tall. And we love every bit of you.

13 comments:

Melanie said...

c + fish are exactly a pound and an inch apart. :) we've come a long way this year, mama.

Cathy Bolander said...

Almost one year. Hard to believe. I love how much trouble you seem to be getting in to already.

Dre said...

totally love #6! how could you resist.
miss ya! dre

pakosta said...

he is one BIG BOY!
and oh so CUTE!
tara

Megan said...

What a cute 10. I can't believe he is going to be a year already. I am glad Jacob isn't the only one who pulls stuff out and moves on. It must be a boy thing.

Marie said...

this year just flew by mama! sniff sniff tears in my eyes-thanks for helping me through it!!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Eve Fish. Wish we could be there to help celebrate.

Hope you don't spread any nasty viruses like your big sis did on her first birthday. LOL!

Love and miss you!

Amy said...

He's such a sweetie--even if he is trouble! What a lovely tribute to your big, one-year-old!

Susan Weinroth said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. i love it. and i can NOT believe its been a year... happy (belated) one year fisher!!!

Susan Weinroth said...

wait. just kidding. i meant early instead of belated :)

hope it is SO fabulous... i can't wait to see bday boy pics!

Rina said...

OMG! I can't believe it's almost a year already! I remember waiting and reading everyday for an update to hear if he had arrived...yet. LOVED this Fisher Edition Ten on Tuesday! Let's do it again on his actual birthday too LOL!

And I can't believe you actually THOUGHT about having an 11lber the old fashion way gf!

Heather Walker said...

SO sweet. Happy Birthday, Fisher!

erin said...

Happy Birthday you darling, delicious chunk of boy!

linkwithin

linkwithin