1. Today was my day to read to Alla's preschool class. I've been keeping this surprise for her for several weeks now, and every school day she'd tell me whose mom was the special reader, and how she wished her mom could be the special reader. She led me to the chair I was to sit in, and sat right in front as I read two of her favorite stories:
2. Tyrannosaurus Drip, and
3. Where the Wild Things Are.
4. The booster is.not.working.out.
5. We're chalking it up to both user error (maybe he's not ready), and crappy seat. It was a handmedown that I snatched up from a friend with older kids, and was great for outdoor summer eating with Alla, or for her friends when they were all still highchair-bound. Basically, she was older when we put her in it, so this was not a problem. Made for a very stressful lunch today.
6. The good news, however, is that I gave Fisher a sippy cup of soymilk today and he drank it. I am completely clueless when it comes to introducing milk in general, as I didn't do a good job with Alla, and consequently she doesn't like milk. Feel free to leave helpful hints.
7. So much for spring. It's snowing today!
8. I would really like Dear Genevieve to come to my house and reconfigure my lower level family room, now that we're not using that nook-space for an office. She's a Minnesotan, I just know she'd love to come back home and do-up our house.
9. This Lands End dress is just about the best thing I ever bought for Alla. She puts it on and it's like her whole face lights up. She seeks it out. She can put tights or softie pants underneath for warmth. It has pockets. It's just the perfect little girl dress.
10. Amy + Erin, thank you for introducing me to the Baked Oatmeal. Fisher loves it, too!