Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ten things about Mother's Day.

1. I am so happy that Ron had his camera nearby to snap these. I was too busy enjoying the moment to worry about setting up a shot. Thank you, babe.

2. This is exactly my Mother's Day morning. Alla got out of bed and we heard her say oh-so-excitedly, It's Mother's Day! I mean, almost as excitedly as if it were her birthday. She then ran downstairs, opened the garage door, got the present for me that she'd stashed, and ran back up and gave it to me.

3. It was a blue bag that she'd decorated, full of ribbons and tissue paper. Inside was a flower pot that she'd painted at school, full of Hershey kisses. It is the most beautiful flower pot ever.
4. I am so lucky to have these loving kids. And a loving husband, who replaced my lost F charm, with a new and improved, un-loseable one. It's gorgeous.

5. He brought me the newspaper to read in bed, and Alla brought in a clipboard to take my Mother's Day Breakfast order.

6. I even got my hair styled for my special day. I believe it was three ponies.7. I did read the paper in bed, and ate my breakfast there, too.

8. I started a new book, that I've been wanting to read and that feels like the perfect book for me right now.

9. I began a project for which I bought the supplies several months ago.

10. I shopped - for me! We went on a family walk. We grilled out. I fully enjoyed my children, my role as a mother, and appreciated my husband giving me this day. Thanks, you three.

5 comments:

Cathy Bolander said...

It looks like you had a lovely day. Good job with the camera & breakfast Ron.

Melanie said...

your hearts sounds full, my friend. :) love that clipboard.

Susie said...

THat hand project looks so cool- I can't wait to see yours finished :)

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day :) F & A are lucky to have you as their mama.

Katie said...

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

I hope someday I start reading a book for pure enjoyment, but I'm just not there yet...

Susan Weinroth said...

the clipboard is totally fabulous... and 3 ponies rule :) oh, and now i want to read that book, too. (...and i dont even read!)

linkwithin

linkwithin