1. Today is his favorite day of the week, Trash Truck Day. Sorry, buddy, no recycling this week.
2. He can eat. A lot. When it's something he likes. Favorites: beans, avocado, sweet potato, apples, bananas, pears, blueberries, smoothies, crispy chicken, tortilla chips, waffles, soybutter, carrots, and marshmallows.
3. He is absolutely obsessed with diggers: excavators, front-end loaders, bulldozers, rollers, pavers, tractors, haybines, concrete mixers, balers. They are an absolute wonder to him, thanks to Mighty Machines.
4. He usually wakes up between 7-7:30 in the morning, nurses in bed with me, and then gets my sweater so I'll get up because he then tells me, I hungwee. I have always, these past (almost) five years, loved being woken by kids.
5. He therefore loves his digger books, but has many other favorites: Tumble Bumble, Dora books, Goodnight Gorilla, The Little Gorilla, Spiderling.
6. He loves to cut with scissors and has gotten really good at it!
7. I do not believe he remembers life without diabetes.
8. His vocabulary is amazing. I love it when he tells me, I could do it or Help-a mommy or tries to sing the ABCs while he's washing his hands or says I wuv you toooooo!
9. He loves music, and I love that he sings along. Elizabeth Mitchell is a favorite.
10. My favorite moment of the day is right after dinner when he starts trying to strip off his own clothes and running down the hall from Daddy, saying stinky buns! (Only it sounds like sinkah buns which is just the best!)
We love this little boy!