1. I just can't win. It's miserably hot, so I decide to take the kids to cool off at the beach this morning. We spent 20 minutes in the parking lot watching it pour. Alla counted thirteen lightning "strucks."
2. I love that she's five and funny things like that still come out of her mouth.
3. She starts kindergarten four weeks from today.
4. Backpacks have been ordered and are on their way!
5. Both kids need new school shoes.
6. Despite the heat, I spent nearly all of Sunday in the kitchen making and baking: Zucchini butter (who knew!), beer bread, coconut shrimp with pineapple salsa, and strawberry cake.
7. The heat is totally messing with my runs.
8. I finished The Penderwicks, which was completely delightful, and will be picking up Catching Fire today at the library, yay!
9. It's been too hot to go to the Farmer's Market - imagine!
10. Paint the house update: way more than 50% complete! The end is in sight!