1. So, this summer I've really come to the realization that I'm not a morning person. Maybe it's just that Ron saying it for the one millionth time has finally made it hit home. Truth be told, if I were a morning person I'd be up before the kids, dishes done, breakfast ready, have already gone for a run and had a cup of coffee. The real me is going to eek out every moment of sleep until the kids come and wake me, and then when they do, I'm going to try and convince them to come and lay (I mean sleep) with Mama.
2. I also can no longer do the splits. Tight hammies.
3. The house is painted!
4. Fisher cannot get enough of zucchini muffins. He's very sad that they're gone.
5. Fisher also cannot get enough of banana-oat bars, which I think he's calling 'ganona bars,' or granola bars, so we'll just go with that. He's very sad that they're gone.
6. Fisher also just realized that he loves roasted beets.
7. Kindergarten countdown: 2 weeks. Two weeks?!?!!??
8. I am the worst shoe-buyer-for-my-kids ever. Starting over.
9. Fisher got some hand-me-down Wall-E jammies from our friends and the kid will not get out of them. Today he was still in them when he woke up from nap and would still have been if we hadn't been heading out to the Farmer's Market. I tried to get an actual outfit on him before nap, but he told me he liked his Wall-E jammies. What he actually said was, They're berry nice.
10. The children walked into our room this morning at 6:23 am, so I promptly walked their little butts back to their beds and told them number one it is still dark and number two the rule in this house is seven a.m. so go back to sleep. I got a reprieve until seven-something. Totally do-able, thank you little children.